Thursday 7 July 2011

I will follow You

I've not had much chance to blog recently as work has been a bit manic. This is a blog entry I've been wanting to write since Father's day....finally got round to it!!!
 
On Father's Day I had the privilege of hearing two great stories from leaders at the Kerith. They spoke unreservedly about how God had spoken to them and guided them into full time ministry. Most Christians would describe this as'a calling' and that they were being obedient to that calling God made on their lives.

I've never really felt focussed on any one particular path or vocation in my life, things just seem to have happened or evolved over time. I never had a burning desire to achieve a certain thing. I'm definitely not a visionary more a doer. But these stories really made me think 'what is God calling me to do?'

Not all of us are 'called' into full time ministry in the church. It would be impossible for all of us to be teachers and pastors after all as there wouldn't be anyone to teach to!! However I think as Christians we are all called to be ambassadors for God in our daily lives. To me that means the way we act, the way we speak and the way we think. I've been reading the book of Timothy recently and came across this verse which I believe applies to all those who would call themselves christians:

'pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.'
1Timothy 6:11

My favourite song at the moment is the Chris Tomlin song 'I will Follow'. It talks about all God's ways being good and sure, about trusting God and His ways which are higher than ours. I'm not quite sure what God has planned for me, or what He is calling me to do next, or where in fact He's calling me to be, but I'm just going to keep trying to follow Him and trust in His ways.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment