Saturday 21 May 2011

Attitudes

Do you ever find that life can be swimming along just fine and then something happens to you or you do something which just turns it all upside down??? Well that happened to me last night!!

I listened to a teaching cd some time ago which I re listen to at regular intervals (mainly I think because It's taking me some time to learn the lesson!!). The talk was on the influence we have on other people and the way we affect people when we enter a room. Whether it's through our body language or words we say. These influences can be positive or negative and last night I'm afraid I gave off negative vibes both verbally and physically!!

I got home and realized how stupid I'd been and then felt really rubbish!!! After pondering my actions I've since apologized to the people involved and hope we can all move on. However this could all have been avoided had I had the right attitude to start with!!!

I have a tendency to predict how an event or meeting is going to go, instead of just enjoying the moment. These predictions can cause me to be very defensive, negative and even sometimes quite aggressive!! As I get older I'm recognizing these faults in myself and trying not to go down this road anymore.

I recognise my attitudes can affect what I do, how I react to situations and people, what I say and how I feel. I know God wants me to have the right attitude and I'm striving to achieve this, but it's a difficult journey. I know my attitudes are affected by my thought processes and where they lead me. As I said in my previous blog life is about choices but those choices are influenced by the attitudes we cultivate and develop.

I know God forgives me for being so stupid I just have to forgive myself now and keep learning from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment