Saturday 19 March 2011

My Passions:Worship

Worship.....as Miranda would say 'funny word that'....I can just hear her playing with the pronunciation of it and getting many laughs with her facial expressions and sidelong looks at the camera!! (She was hilarious last night on Comic Relief, no doubt that clip will be played many times in the Austin household!!)

Anyway back to worship. I'm one of those annoying people who you see sat at traffic lights tapping away rhythms on the steering wheel and clearly singing loudly to music (thankfully I keep the windows shut!!) Usually harmonizing as I can't reach the heights of the melodies!!

The cd's I listen to are generally modern worship cd's. My favourites at the moment are Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong, and See the Morning by Chris Tomlin. In fact the phrase you see underneath my blog heading is a paraphrase of the Chris Tomlin song 'Made to Worship'.

Songs of Praise might be more your thing. I grew up singing along to the hymns on a Sunday night with my Mum and Auntie. In fact that was one of the last things we did together when Mum was in hospital. Something I'll never forget.




Worship is often used to describe giving praise to God via singing and music. I am part of the Worship Team at Kerith Community Church. We start our Sunday services (or as they are now known) meetings with corporate worship. I'm attending a Unique event at church tonight entitled 'Word and Worship' although I'm being interviewed tonight about Morph (a future blog entry) which is out of my comfort zone!!

For me though it is much more than just singing or just music. I believe God created us to worship, as the afore mentioned Chris Tomlin song says. Worship is a huge part of my life and over the last year or so has played a key role in 'sorting me out' as it were.

Worship is about who we are.
It's about our attitudes, our heart, what we do and say.
It's about how we react when bad stuff happens.

As a Christian I worship God, whether I'm in a good place emotionally or not, God just wants us to be real with Him and share our lives with Him.

Others of you might worship other things but it all boils down to the same thing really. If we focus on negative things or have bad influences in our lives then our lives will reflect that.


Colin Boyle preached a really good sermon last week on Worship. He uses the life of David in the bible to discuss this and talks about God being on the Throne in our hearts. Listen here if you want to know more.
Who's on the throne in your heart? What or who do you worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment