Tuesday 19 April 2011

We're on our way to Wembley!!

Well it's three days since the most significant win Man City have had over Man United in my lifetime and yes I'm still smiling!!!

I know many of my friends think I'm completely mad, and that football is an insignificant pass time, where overpaid grown men get to kick a bag of wind around a grass field!!
As you know if you've been following my blog, I think differently!!! Football is a passion of mine and as I've blogged about previously something that's in my blood.
For years Man United have had the upper hand as far as the blue side of Manchester goes and as a City fan I've had to put up with arrogant United fans shouting the odds. Well Saturday saw the tables turned significantly.

That however was not the thing that pleased me most. The best part was that we actually deserved to win. After an edgy first half hour we got into the game and then started to actually play good football and by the time the second half was under way we played our arch rivals off the pitch.
I saw our players play with passion, and as a team, instead of individual prima donas which I had feared would be our downfall. They pulled together and because of that overturned the reds emphatically. This I have to say probably meant as much to me as the win. Getting to an FA cup final for the first time in 35 years (sadly I remember the last time too!!) is an amazing achievement, and one that makes me proud to wear the blue shirt.

Our opponents will be Stoke City who've never made a final before, so it's going to be a thrilling day for them and their fans too. I just hope it's a good game for the neutral and of course I hope we come away with the trophy.....so I'll will be watching on Saturday May 17th.....not at Wembley, but I'll be glued to my tv and this time I'll probably be drinking a beer!!!!!

For the time being though I'm happy with the fact that we beat United!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment