Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hindsight

Have you ever thought what life would be like, if you knew a year ago, what you know now?

If only I'd realized sooner that I didn't really want to teach, I wouldn't have done a degree in Education!!!

If only Wayne and I would have known that the mortgage interest rates were going to double when we bought our flat in 1989, maybe we would have rented and not bought our flat, and lost £20,000!!!

If only I'd known I was going to feel so frustrated about my current work situation maybe I wouldn't have invested time in re training and learning new skills.

Yet in all these things good has come out of them.

If I hadn't gone to Yorkshire to college, I would never have met Wayne, my soulmate.
We received the support and help of family and friends as they helped us move to a house, and get back on our feet financially. And in all the struggles, our marriage grew stronger.
If I hadn't retrained, and started to even think about working again, I would not be challenging myself, or learning how to cope with different stress levels!! I wouldn't understand Wayne's world (!) quite so well. Maybe I'm even learning patience....finally!!

God has a plan and has had a plan for my life since before I was born.

It was only the other day when I read John 3:16 'For God so loved the world He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life'. That I realized it was Jesus himself, who said this, not someone talking about Jesus after His death. He was speaking to Nicodemus (a member of the Jewish ruling council), who had gone to see Jesus at night in fear of being recognised.

Jesus knew how his life on earth was going to pan out, and yet He still lived His life as a true example for us to follow. A life full of love for all people. People who not everyone could see the good in, or would want to spend time with. Sometimes we don't know why we do things or make certain choices, why certain people cross our paths or why things turn out the way they do, but I believe God already knows.

I've had times in my life when I've felt in the depths of despair, when maybe I've felt I've made the wrong choices. But looking back, I know God had a plan, and worked it all out for my good. So today is another day where I am loving God, and trusting in my faith in Him, that He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me.

As it says in Romans 8:28

And I know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
 who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment